The 5K Historic Trail Run for Excellence
October 20, 2012
2011 Complete Race Results
2011 Run Sponsors
2010 Complete Race Results
2010 Kids Dash Results
2010 Run Sponsors
2009 Complete Race Results
2008 Winners Results
2008 Complete Race Results
2007 Race Results 2006 Race Results 2005 Race Results 2004 Race Results
2003 Race Results 2002 Race Results 2001 Race Results 2000 Race Results
Run For Excellence is an annual 5K walk/run benefit and serves as one of the foundation's most successful fundraisers.
Each participant in the race receives a t-shirt and a goody bag from area businesses. The mostly level course begins and ends at Raytown High School. Our certified course begins on Blue Ridge Boulevard beside the north parking lot of Raytown High School. After leaving the high school, runners will head north on Blue Ridge Boulevard and continue on Blue Ridge all the way to Woodson Avenue. From there it's retracing your steps back to Raytown High School right into Chittwood Stadium and a hero's welcome! Click here for a map of the course.
Do you have other plans on October 20? Would you prefer sleeping, going to your kids’ soccer game, shopping, cleaning the garage, or reading the paper rather than getting up early to run or walk? You can be a VIRTUAL RUNNER! Click here for more information and then use the regular entry form to enter.
Activities following the race will include category awards, a Kid's Dash, refreshments and music.
- Registration opens at 7:00 a.m.
- Run begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. in front of Raytown High School (closing of the race course 75 minutes after start).
- Kid's Dash begins after the 5K (approximately 9:10 a.m.)
- You may register in advance using this Entry Form.
- 5K Registration Fees:
- Students through 12th grade - $15 Pre-Registration
- Adults - $25 Pre-Registration
- All - $30 Race Day
- Virtual Runner - $25
- Kids' Dash - Free!
- Race Registration & Packet Pick-up Information
- Race Packet Pick-Up is held on Friday, October 19 from 3:30 - 6 p.m. in the Gym at Raytown Central Middle School, located behind Raytown High School at 10601 East 59th St.
- Race day Packet Pick-Up and Registration at Chittwood Stadium from 7:00 - 8:30 a.m.
- Free Shirt with Registration!
- Check out the Run/Walk Route!
- To print a copy of the Run/Walk Poster click here!
- To print out a PDF of these instructions click here!
- During the run/walk the Raytown Rotary Club is sponsoring a Food Drive to benefit REAP, Raytown Emergency Assistance Program. Please bring non-perishable items and/or personal items like shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and toothbrush with you the day of the race or at packet pickup. Barrels will be located near the registration table. For the complete press release click here!